Installing Linux client
Modified on: Fri, 11 May, 2018 at 4:39 PM
To install our Linux client, it is recommended you download the latest version. We would also advise you review our system requirements as operating system and infrastructure prerequisites are updated regularly.
Each Linux distribution provides a subtlety different software package installation process. Within this topic we will cover two alternatives to install our LucidLink client, 1st through a graphical user interface (GUI) package manager and/or 2nd via the command line (Terminal) - the proceeding example(s) will be demonstrated through Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon distribution:
Option 1. (GUI)
1. Locate your installation download and double click to initiate installation.
2. Once the Package Installer begins. Please review all tabs, and select 'Install Pakage' to continue.
3. You will require administrative privileges to continue. Please provide a valid password, and select 'OK'.
4. The Package Installer will provide you progress of the installation status, please sit back and relax, while we install your LucidLink client.
5.Once the Package Installer finishes, please review the installation summary and consult our knowledge base articles, forum and/or create a support ticket in the unusual event of any errors; when installation is successful, click 'Close'.
Option 2. (Terminal)
1. Enter a command line 'Terminal' and follow the below image example.
Once package installation completes.
1. LucidLink client will be available from the software Menu, Internet. Launch the Lucid client to 'Connect' to your file space.
2. Provide a valid file space name, and select 'Connect' to begin.
3. Your file space cloud becomes immediately accessible as a local system Devices Mount Point.
4. An advanced file space dashboard is available by clicking on the LucidLink logo from within the taskbar. You will find a range of useful metrics, such as, distance, latency and upload information.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.